Tuesday, May 14, 2013

My Search for the Perfect Scent Day 1

I was walking through the mall the other day, and there was a Bath & Body Works pop up kiosk in the middle of the hallway. As I was passing through, one girl gave me a small catalog and asked if I would like some samples. I said sure, thinking it was going to be those small sheets that I would be able to secretly  throw away as I left. Instead, I was given a small bottle of Forever Red Eau de Parfum and another of Japanese Cherry Blossom Fragrance Mist. At that moment, it reminded me of how much I had wanted to purchase a new fragrance. It has been about two years and I am still using Euphoria by Calvin Klein. (Not the same bottle. I have bought two bottles since I started using it.)

What captured me most was the instant scent you get right when opening up the bottle. It comes off strong at first, but then subsides and becomes smoother. I get so many compliments every time I wear it and it is one fragrance that stays on all day and gets better as time passes. I have been searching for a while for something that can compete with my favorite fragrance and I think I may have found one. Gucci Premiere.

After she handed me the free samples, I walked over to the department store and started sniffing every bottle of perfume. Some were too sweet, which gives me headache, others too strong. Some smelt like old lady. Eee! I kept walking through the store until I stumbled upon the Gucci Premiere advertisement with Blake Lively. I thought to myself "ah, no harm in trying." I figured if they had a young actress in the ad, then it can't be that bad. I sprayed some onto a sample, and to my surprise it was actually quite good. I then sprayed it on my wrist and neck and, even better, it lasted all day.

I am still on the prowl for my perfect scent though. For now, I have my first competitor and we will see what tomorrow brings. ;)













No comments:

Post a Comment